• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Member and Brewer

BigHeadBrown

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm new to the site and fairly new to brewing. I've made 2 batches with extract. An Irish Red and a Brown Ale.  Looking forward to moving to all-grain eventually but I want to get my process down to a science first before adding more steps.  Looks like you have a great community here, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Happy Brewing!
BigHeadBrown

BigHeadBrown said:
Hello all!

I'm new to the site and fairly new to brewing. I've made 2 batches with extract. An Irish Red and a Brown Ale.  Looking forward to moving to all-grain eventually but I want to get my process down to a science first before adding more steps.  Looks like you have a great community here, so I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Happy Brewing!
BigHeadBrown

All grain is easy and great, I would get a robobrew to simplify getting started. It's easy and fantastic. I do all grain and I do extract still both are just as good if you know what you are doing then you can make a extract beer that is just as good if not better than a all grain batch. I've got a Pilsner and a recipe I came up with going right now. Both were brewed in my robobrew and both are just great looking and should end up being great brews. I take my time and do a 3-4 step mash even though people say it's not worth it and let me tell you I consistently get better beers than anyone else in my area that brews. I've actually been told by a couple people they like my beers more than the commercial product of I do a clone because my beers are smoother clearer and have more flavor what can I say. I don't think so but it is high praise.

Back