• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Font's & windows are very small

Shwagy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to a new laptop with 4k resolution screen.  All my windows/tabs & fonts are very small.  The "x" to close a window overlap on to other tabs.  I tried messing with display percentages but to no avail.  I'm running the most recent version of BeerSmith.  Thanks.

Shwagy said:
I upgraded to a new laptop with 4k resolution screen.  All my windows/tabs & fonts are very small.  The "x" to close a window overlap on to other tabs.  I tried messing with display percentages but to no avail.  I'm running the most recent version of BeerSmith.  Thanks.

4k is worthless these days on computers as the scaling doesn't exist yet. And to boot on a tiny little laptop screen its even worse. You should never buy a 4k laptop to begin with as its too weak to drive 4k. and the screens going to be tiny.

Ck27 said:
Shwagy said:

4k is worthless these days on computers as the scaling doesn't exist yet. And to boot on a tiny little laptop screen its even worse. You should never buy a 4k laptop to begin with as its too weak to drive 4k. and the screens going to be tiny.

I didn't buy the computer.  It was from work.  I work in a brewery.  Your post was insightful & helpful....

Shwagy said:
Ck27 said:
Shwagy said:

I didn't buy the computer.  It was from work.  I work in a brewery.  Your post was insightful & helpful....

The best fix is to try setting the screen for 1080P and seeing if the software doesn't work better. Otherwise I couldn't tell you.

Sorry that beersmith is not working out for you its a great piece of software.

Also on another note I'm waiting to hear back on a job at a brewery myself.

Back