• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Import fermentation readings

esdill

New Forum Member
Reaction score
There is currently an option in BeerSmith to export the fermentation readings as a csv file. When connected to the BeerStat website I am able to export my SG and Temp readings from my Tilt hydrometer as a csv file. It would be very nice to be able to then import these readings into BeerSmith instead of manually entering them one by one.

esdill said:
There is currently an option in BeerSmith to export the fermentation readings as a csv file. When connected to the BeerStat website I am able to export my SG and Temp readings from my Tilt hydrometer as a csv file. It would be very nice to be able to then import these readings into BeerSmith instead of manually entering them one by one.

Hi esdill, sup?

For me, this feature, to import data from files, will be toooooo helpful.

I'm making a Arduino controler(PID Temp controler with Relays) with a PC interface(C#) and iSpindle integration.
Actually, I've done the user interface, temp. controler, comunication protocol between arduino and the software, Database to save the log from de temp. sensors and the iSpindle protocol reader, its almost 80% done.

Maybe if BS staff provide a file layout to us, and a button to import this data, we'll have too more time to drink, instead typing.

Best Regards.
Cheers.

esdill said:

That would be really nice :)

I would not use this feature if it was available. I have my own Arduino+Pi system that records temperatures every 2 minutes for the duration of my fermentation. That results in a rather large csv file, and I don't want my Beersmith files to be that big. It would just make them unwieldy. Right now a Beersmith file for a single brew is very small, only 32 kB or so. Adding the fermentation data would blow it up to something like 20 times that size. I would rather keep this data in Excel and outside of Beersmith.

--GF

I would love this feature, or a way to link my Tilt file to my Beersmith file. I have asked for better temperature and SG graphing capabilities in the past, so hopefully more users with Tilts can request this feature. Keep up the great work Brad!

This is a feature I think would be great. A way to either import or directly link a Tilt hydrometer. I use the Brew Status website with my Tilt. The one brew I've done using the site the downloaded .csv file was 22kb.

I have a tilt hydrometer as well and this would be awesome and easy to do (since the tilt hydrometer is open source) to pull the data straight into beer smith.

Brad's already discussed that he plans to add tilt import in a previous post. (or at least that he's been in discussions with them)

Back