• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

ABV, Mash Issue - Windows 10 (1607&1703) with BeerSmith 2.3.12

cacattack

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just downloaded 2.3.12 onto 2 different laptops running windows 10 (v1607 and 1703), here are the issues I'm seeing on both machines.

- Nothing happens when you click the Mash button in the recipe tab
- Can't change the Mash profile on the recipe Design page
- Est ABV calculations seems to be broken, it is saying I need 50 LBS of grain to achieve 5% for a 5 gallon batch

I have version 1703 on my laptop and everything works fine. Maybe a bug in the download?

cacattack said:
I just downloaded 2.3.12 onto 2 different laptops running windows 10 (v1607 and 1703), here are the issues I'm seeing on both machines.

- Nothing happens when you click the Mash button in the recipe tab
- Can't change the Mash profile on the recipe Design page
- Est ABV calculations seems to be broken, it is saying I need 50 LBS of grain to achieve 5% for a 5 gallon batch

The first two indicate that your recipe is marked as an 'extract' recipe in the 'type' designation on the design page.  You can change this by clicking on the drop down menu for 'type' and selecting the actual type of recipe you want to brew:  Extract, partial mash, or all-grain.

Likewise with your third issue, as if the recipe is marked as 'extract' then the program assumes the steeping efficiency rather than a mash efficiency.  The steeping efficiency is only set to around 16% (I think, did not check exact value) as a default in the software.  Mash efficiency is set by the brew house efficiency and will be much, much higher in extracted sugars.

Back