• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding fermentables after primary fermentation

ABaculy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Unless this feature is available and I have not figured out how to use it or how to manipulate the software to simulate this, I think this would be a good idea.  I would like to be able to add fruit to my recipe and have the total gravity calculated, and affect abv estimate, but retain the correct numbers for pre-boil gravity.

If this is confusing, what I mean is when I try to add fruit, I see it reflected in the gravity fields.  The problem is that it affects the pre-boil gravity as well.  It would be great if we could have numbers displayed for the base beer, correct in the brew steps, but also have numbers calculated for secondary fermentation.  That way, we could check gravity for the base beer but still have the numbers work out for the final product.  What I do currently is make one file for the base beer and one for the fruited version. 

Back