• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Computer not uploading to cloud

tazbat1

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a desktop with 2.3.12 and a laptop with and earlier version, neither of which can upload to the cloud. They can only download. My Kindle Fire will upload and download. Any idea where to start to resolve the problem. Currently, I transfer my Beersmith2 folder back and forth on a thumb drive as it changes.

Greetings tazbat1 - my suggestion is to begin looking at the Login used on the Options > Cloud Login, make sure they're correct.

I verified login several times. That is okay on my end. From my two computers, when I upload the recipe it is put in my cloud list, but it will eventually time out. Sometimes an error message is displayed saying, an error has occurred and then the recipe disappears from the list. Other times, it just disappears from the list. In either case, if I go to another device and check the cloud, the recipe is not there. The recipe never gets uploaded. If I upload to the cloud from my Kindle, which works, I can download to either of my computers. So, the download functions properly. Also, neither computer will automatically update the BeerSmith software. With the two computers, while the uploaded recipe is listed, should I try opening the file, I get an error message, after which the recipe disappears from the list.

I understand.  I believe this is an issue for Brad to address.  Sorry I was not able to assist.

Back