• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

overthinking single tier

soymateofeo

Apprentice
Reaction score
I currently have 3 bayou classic burners on stands and 2 chugger pumps (one was just gifted to me).  I recently bought a welder with the plan to build me a rig, but now I'm out of beer and I have yet to build said stand.  I am thinking of "temporarily" putting my 3 burners on a flat cart (or on the floor for that matter) and connecting my pumps to brew.  I saw that Austin Homebrew sold 3 burners and called it a 3 burner system.  then I saw this brewbuilt https://www.amazon.com/BrewBuilt-AfterBurner-Deluxe-3-Burner-Brewing/dp/B01AK7GMS6 and thought, "I could go outside and bolt my 3 burners together and add wheels to one end for less than $20 bucks. 

I keep thinking that I am overthinking the brew stand and maybe just want something shiny and neato. Am I missing something or (wheels cranking) can I just go bolt/weld my burners together, slap em on a flat cart, connect my pumps and have a brew cart that will make beer just like a $1000 stainless cart?  tips? guidance? insight? inspiration?  anybody?

Back