• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

JavaScript Error using BeerSmith on iPhone

keoki04

Apprentice
Reaction score
I started receiving the following error yesterday evening.  I brewed early that morning and never had any issues with the app.  I can click the ok button to clear it off the screen, but whenever I relaunch the app it pops up.  It doesn't appear to affect anything.  Now, as I am typing this post it may be due to the timer from one of my cloud recipes.  I opened the app, when to the cloud recipe I brewed yesterday and clicked on the "clr" buttons for each of the timers.  Backed out to the main screen of the app and closed it.  Relaunched the app and it no longer appears.  It seems to be that maybe I didn't stop the timer after my brew session and it kept running, thus causing this error.  Yet when I went to "clr" the timer's they were both (mash and boil) set to 0 as if the timer has not been running.  Anyhow, I thought I would share this information.

iPhone - 6 64GB
iOS - 10.3.2
Beersmith - 2.3.4

Try going into Options->Reset local data which will delete the temporary timer info (it won't hurt your other data).  See if that resolves it.

Brad

Back