• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 un-authenticated, now lost recipes

QldKev

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Been using Beersmith for many years, prob around a year on this machine.  Recently I've changed my pc date format from MM/DD/YY to DD/MMM/YY.  Next time I tried to load Beersmith, it then told me my 30 eval period had expired.  Then I re-ented the product license key, now all my recipes are gone.  I've never used the cloud :(  If there a way to recover my recipes?  I've searched for Recipe.bsmx and there is only the one copy.

Here's the quick recovery if you have the very latest version from BeerSmith.com
  - Close BeerSmith
  - Make a copy of the complete Documents/BeerSmith2 directory - save this as a backup (don't touch it!)
  - Go to File->Recover from Backup within BeerSmith (this is only available if you have the latest download from the download page)
  - You can open various backups from there and view them in a separate tab
  - If you find the ones you want you can restore them using the same tools.

Brad

Brad,

I only see 2 backups, one dates today at 9:20pm and another at 9:23pm, both today when I opened BS.  NONE of my previous backups are there

What now?

And when are you going to fix this?  BTW, I don't use the cloud and have a registered copy of BS for nearly 5 years

Rick

Back