Author Topic: Polar Ware 60 qrt. Brew Kettle with Sight Gauge Review  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Ck27

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith's Unofficial Spam Police.... Do Not Spam
Re: Polar Ware 60 qrt. Brew Kettle with Sight Gauge Review
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »
BBB ratings don't do jack squat and leaving a negative one only fixed a issue of mine one time with FEDEX missing a overnight delivery.

Greetings Ck27 - you're absolutely correct.  The BBB is an advocate for Business, not Consumers.  I have dealt with these folks before and it is my belief that a company pays for their AAA rating and in order to keep it, they must respond to any and all complaints lodged against them through the BBB.  And once the BBB determines the company has responded enough they close the case allowing the company to keep their rating.  (Polar Ware has an AAA Rating.)  Right, wrong, illegal or otherwise, the BBB is inconsequential further than what I have outlined here.  The reason why I'm filing through the BBB is to go on record with this issue.  I'm also bringing this issue public through this forum (and soon others) to make the home brewing public aware of the issue so they will be more educated when making a decision regarding a purchase of this and other Polar Ware brew kettles that include a plastic sight gauge.

Thank you, Ck27, for your feedback!

I'm sorry that you are having would many issues with your equipment, but thanks for the heads up letting us know about the faulty product

I use a robobrew myself :)

Offline timn8or

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »
Going to giving this a shot: https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/flexsight-l.htm

Will report back if it works out.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Bottoms Up!!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 06:17:08 AM »
Greetings timn8or - I checkled out the link you posted; the flexible sight gauge certainly is a viable option.

I have filed a complaint with The BBB and I'm going to ride that out to see what happens.  So far, no response.  However, it's only been about 10 days.  Meantime, let us know how this product works!  Looks quite interesting!
All good things come to those who exercise patience and perseverance.  ;-)

Offline Ck27

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:34 AM »
Greetings timn8or - I checkled out the link you posted; the flexible sight gauge certainly is a viable option.

I have filed a complaint with The BBB and I'm going to ride that out to see what happens.  So far, no response.  However, it's only been about 10 days.  Meantime, let us know how this product works!  Looks quite interesting!

That sucks, I had to post a BBB ratings for FedEx cause they promised to do a overnight delivery by noon and never showed up I filed at 2pm they showed up at 2:30 gave me my package and said they were sorry lol was fastest BBB response I my life.

Offline KellerBrauer

• Bottoms Up!!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 02:29:02 PM »
Greetings to all those who have been watching this thread, I have good news!

First, I submitted a complaint through the Wisconsin BBB to the company listed on my product literature --  and that company was not Polar Ware.  In any case the company was based in Wisconsin.  Hence the reason I had to use the Wisconsin BBB.  Anyway, I received a response from a company called Vollrath Co., LLC. Apparently, Vollrath Co., LLC now owns the Polar Ware name.  So basically, long story short, the representative stated they would have their distributor  --  LD Carlson  --  find a glass sight gauge for me and would also give me a $50 credit toward the purchase of the glass gauge!!!  Not bad!!

I accepted the offer.  However, the Wisconsin BBB  --  brain dead as they are  --  dropped the ball and Vollrath never received my acceptance letter.  So, I contacted Vollrath directly, exchanged a few e-mails with the account manager and he has agreed to replace my 15 gallon (60 quart) kettle less the sight gauge and sight gauge mounting holes.  The exact same kettle I have, but without the plastic sight gauge.

Ecstatic over this solution, I agreed and my brand new kettle is on the way to my house.

So the Wisconsin BBB enabled me to make contact with the manufacturer, Vollrath Co., LLC  --  they helped me to get their attention.  But I believe direct contact would have also worked and a resolve could have occurred sooner.  In any case, I'm okay with the end result.
All good things come to those who exercise patience and perseverance.  ;-)

Offline Ck27

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
Greetings to all those who have been watching this thread, I have good news!

First, I submitted a complaint through the Wisconsin BBB to the company listed on my product literature --  and that company was not Polar Ware.  In any case the company was based in Wisconsin.  Hence the reason I had to use the Wisconsin BBB.  Anyway, I received a response from a company called Vollrath Co., LLC. Apparently, Vollrath Co., LLC now owns the Polar Ware name.  So basically, long story short, the representative stated they would have their distributor  --  LD Carlson  --  find a glass sight gauge for me and would also give me a $50 credit toward the purchase of the glass gauge!!!  Not bad!!

I accepted the offer.  However, the Wisconsin BBB  --  brain dead as they are  --  dropped the ball and Vollrath never received my acceptance letter.  So, I contacted Vollrath directly, exchanged a few e-mails with the account manager and he has agreed to replace my 15 gallon (60 quart) kettle less the sight gauge and sight gauge mounting holes.  The exact same kettle I have, but without the plastic sight gauge.

Ecstatic over this solution, I agreed and my brand new kettle is on the way to my house.

So the Wisconsin BBB enabled me to make contact with the manufacturer, Vollrath Co., LLC  --  they helped me to get their attention.  But I believe direct contact would have also worked and a resolve could have occurred sooner.  In any case, I'm okay with the end result.

Nice :) glad it worked out!