• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Scrambled Mash Steps

BBB

Apprentice
Reaction score
Every time I chose a mash profile, when building a recipe, the mash steps are always scrambled, in the wrong order.
I have to go in to the profile and rearrange the steps.

Is there a solution to this problem.

I have never seen where the mash steps come up in anything other than proper order.  Can you grab a screen shot of this?

Here are the screen shots. 
As you can see they are out of order.
When I load that profile, I always have to re order the steps.
I am probably doing something wrong, but...

What type of step is your "rest" step in your mash profile.  Since it says to 'add -0.40 l of water', I would guess that this has been entered as an infusion step.  Change the step type to a 'temperature' step, and further, because this is at the same temperature as your infusion step, it is really redundant and the time can be added to your infusion rest.

Likewise, check how the other steps are designated and if there are any further things which need clarification, let us know.

I believe I have found the problem.
The steps are incorrectly ordered in the Mash Profile.  Then when I load the mash profile in to my recipe I see them in the wrong order.
I would reorder them, but not save the profile, only save the recipe.

I did some tooling around with the program, in the view profiles/mash profiles.  Opened up the mash profile, reordered them, and then saved the profile.
I think that has solved the problem.

Thanks

Back