Author Topic: Remove Inventory Indicator  (Read 654 times)

Offline mark2215

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Remove Inventory Indicator
« on: May 20, 2017, 07:18:37 AM »
I am horrible at remembering if I have removed inventory for a brew.  I've had to reweigh all my hops and grains a few times because the inventory gets screwed up.  Would it be possible to have some type of indicator in the recipe that says ingredients removed from inventory or something along those lines?

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
Re: Remove Inventory Indicator
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 09:11:57 AM »
This has been requested previously.  Hopefully it makes it into a future update.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline KellerBrauer

• Bottoms Up!!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
+1. I'll second that!!
I'm done brewing for a while. :(  The "sight glass" on my Polar Ware 15 gal. brew kettle took a dump for the 4th time and Polar Ware can't come up with a fix and their response to this issue ignored the fact that their plastic sight gauge repeatedly fails under normal operating conditions!! >:(

Offline Dodes

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »
+1

Offline BOB357

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • Beer is my bucket list!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one who forgets that. My inventory is always screwed up. I tried creating a set of recipes that would use up a bag of base malt and then order the bag plus the specialty grains for those batches. Once I entered them into inventory I'd open each of the recipes and hit the remove inventory button on each one. After a while I started to forget that too. Sucks to get old.
Bob

Offline Oginme

• Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:17:39 AM »
Frankly, I am so bad about doing the 'remove inventory' feature that I created a spreadsheet to track my ingredients.  It actually helps me with planning, since I do a master plan for my 'brewing season' and can organize the ingredients to take advantage of bulk purchases, yeast repitches, and overall costs.  I can also see when I have not added or subtracted the ingredients for a given brew.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline DrWill916

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »
I am horrible at remembering if I have removed inventory for a brew.  I've had to reweigh all my hops and grains a few times because the inventory gets screwed up.  Would it be possible to have some type of indicator in the recipe that says ingredients removed from inventory or something along those lines?

Maybe not exactly what you want, but I noticed for the first time yesterday that if I try to pull a recipe from inventory twice in a row, it gives me a little warning.  Perhaps it's just a matter of enhancing that feature.

Will

Offline metron-brewer

• BeerSmith Brewer
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 01:17:45 PM »
My standard procedure is to "Remove Inventory" after I've entered all my brew day readings and notes in the comment section. When I remove inventory I add a comment, in all caps indicating, "INVENTORY REMOVED 2017-08-31 2:16 PM". Makes it pretty easy to verify if I've removed inventory items.
Ron

Offline dbarsalo

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 05:59:04 PM »
Yes! A big +1 on this... One of the reasons I went with BeerSmith is the fact that I can track inventory. Problem is, if you forget to click on Remove Inventory, there's not way of knowing; there's got to be a better way to track this. Possibly just a check box that tells you that you have indeed removed items from the inventory. If you brew the same recipe a second time, you just make a new copy of the recipe.