• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cannot see installed Add-ons

cabonis

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have installed several (10) add-ons for various things, grain, yeast, equipment, styles.
The add-ons are all working correctly in the application, however, I cannot see that they are there via the 'Add-ons' dialog.
Clicking add-ons only shows two installed.

Attaching screenshots of both the Add-ons dialog and the BeerSmith2->Updates folder where I can see the addons.
Why is Beersmith not showing them in the app (even though they are working)?

I have also checked file permissions on the update folder and contents and everything looks good. (Not read only or anything)

UPDATE:
The contents of the Plugin.bsmx file only show the two add-ons that BeerSmith is showing. (pasted below).
So why aren't the new add-ons being added to this file? (I also checked the permissions on this file and look okay).
Is there a way to rebuild the Plugin.bsmx file?

<Plugin><_MOD_>2011-04-20</_MOD_>
<Name>Plugin</Name>
<Type>8344</Type>
<Dirty>0</Dirty>
<Owndata>1</Owndata>
<TID>8344</TID>
<Size>2</Size>
<_XName>Plugin</_XName>
<Allocinc>16</Allocinc>
<Data><Plugin><_MOD_>2017-05-12</_MOD_>
<F_PLUG_NAME>Thomas Fawcett Malts (14 grains)</F_PLUG_NAME>
<F_PLUG_TYPE>7406</F_PLUG_TYPE>
<F_PLUG_FILE>Thomas_Fawcett.bsmx</F_PLUG_FILE>
</Plugin>
<Plugin><_MOD_>2017-04-28</_MOD_>
<F_PLUG_NAME>Great Western Malts (10 grains)</F_PLUG_NAME>
<F_PLUG_TYPE>7406</F_PLUG_TYPE>
<F_PLUG_FILE>Great-Western.bsmx</F_PLUG_FILE>
</Plugin>
</Data>
<_TExpanded>1</_TExpanded>
</Plugin>

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 295
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 297
I am not sure why the installed add-ons are not showing.  This is the first time I've had anyone with this particular issue.  I'm wondering if possibly the program did not close properly after you added the add-ons or perhaps there was a file permissions issue writing to the plugins file?

Brad

I can reproduce this consistently (was not a one time problem).
If I open BeerSmith, and install an addon, I can see the installed addon in the list.
Then if I close BeerSmith and later reopen BeerSmith, the addon will not be in the list.

Is there anything I can provide (crash dump etc) to help you debug this issue?

Back