• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Font Size in BS2 Reports

brett

Brewer
Reaction score
I find that in BS2 Reports now have a font size control. By creating a standard report and looking at the HTML I find that it is controlling a variable in the header:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
body { font-size: 75%; }
</style>
</head>

I assume that the 75 (or maybe the 75%, it is important to know which but easily figured out) is coming from a tag that I have not seen identified.

Does anyone know what the tag is that is needed to get the report size working? If not, can someone with access to the code look it up? I guess another way to figure this out is to look at the original template for the standard reports. Weren't they once in the Reports directory? I can no longer find them. I am on a Mac if it matters.

Is it possible that the font size is coming via another mechanism and you know what it is? I know that my old custom reports are not responding to the control.

Much Thanks!

(BTW, I posted something similar to this as a comment already in the pinned Report Tags topic. I don't mean to spam folks but I am hoping it will get better visibility here. I hope that is alright. I suspect this information will be helpful to many of us.)

Actually you can access it in the program.  From My Recipes view look at the preview window page (lower half).  It has a toolbar with a percentage drop down that you can change which will also change the font size for the report being printed.

Brad

Unfortunately, Brad, it still isn't working on my custom reports. I believe the above gets at what's going on. Maybe it is something you can look at again. Thanks for the reply!

P.S. I am currently on the road and away from my RAID drive with my BeerSmith data on it. When I get home I will try to remember to post my report so that others can try it.

Back home, I am able to post my custom report. I am hoping that others that read this can either try printing from my report and/or their own custom report, and try the font size tool that Brad mentions above. If you could report your findings it would be greatly appreciated, and if it works with you own custom report, please either add your custom report as an attachment or just past the HTML header in a reply as "insert code" (the '#' button). Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• NewRecipe-Brett.htm
    3.6 KB · Views: 175
I am going to update this and my other related posts with the answer (provided by GigaFemto - thanks) so that anyone searching for an answer in the future won't go through the long slog I did:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
body { font-size: $PRINT_SCALE%; }
</style>

So,
Code:
$PRINT_SCALE
is the required keyword.

Back