• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Separate Name and Time into Separate Columns

keoki04

Apprentice
Reaction score
I couldn't find if this was already posted here, but a suggestion I have would be to separate the name of the ingredient and the time which it is added to the brew day.  For example if you have a long name for your ingredients (i.e. I like to add the year and where I bought my hops from) then the time which the hops are added to the boil is cut off when you print out the "Brew Steps".  If you could keep only the name of the ingredients to the "Name" column and add a column for the "Time" this would prevent the timing addition to be cut off on long names. 

I have attached a "Brew Steps" printout to see what I am explaining.  I sent this print out to a fellow member and they asked when some of the hop additions were added.  I normally have to write the time which they are to be added next to the list after printing it out.

I know I can scale the font, but this makes the print size very small.  Right now that is not an issue for me but I am sure it would be an issue with others who cannot easily read small font and text.

Thanks for the hard work you put into Beersmith Brad!  Cheers!

Attachments

• NE IPAtriots.pdf
    171.8 KB · Views: 161
Back