• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from conroe Texas

rzosel

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Today I finally got to taste my first home brew. It was a homebrew kit that was given to me by my co-worker friend, Steven. He was spring cleaning his house 2 years ago and until now I got to do it. The kit was left by Steven's friend that never came back for it in 2008. That was in Austin in 2015. I moved to Conroe, left the kit with my parents, went on a trip to Central America and in March of this year(2017) decided to make the "Blond Ale". The malt syrup because of the ageing procees made the wort darker, therefore the ale as well. The yeast was past due it's date and realized later in the fermenting process and added some more yeast. The result has been an Stout. Lovely. An honest mistake but a great outcome. The color is dark like coffee, low alcoholic content, about 4.7%. Goes down smooth. Next brew, I'll be able to pay attention. Great experience , willing to learn some more. 

Back