Author Topic: permission problems  (Read 422 times)

Offline faithie999

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
permission problems
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:32:47 AM »
I did a clean install of Sierra on a new drive a few weeks ago and then manually copied the contents of the old drive to the new one.

I tried to open beersmith and get error messages.

11:29:12: File '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/style.css' couldn't be removed (error 13: Permission denied)
11:29:12: Impossible to overwrite the file '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/style.css' (error 0: Undefined error: 0)
11:29:12: can't open file '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmp_1394570265.htm' (error 13: Permission denied)
11:29:12: can't open file '/Users/envy/Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmp_905920497.htm' (error 13: Permission denied)

I have checked the permissions on the beersmith2/reports folder and it is set for "everyone" to read/write (as well me, the user, and administrators).
for the third and fourth messages--there are no bsxtmp files in that folder.  I have the finder set to show hidden files and they are not there.

thanks

ken

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • STAND BACK! I'm going to try Science!
Re: permission problems
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:40:08 PM »
Simply copying a program may not fully install it.

For BeerSmith, your customized files and profiles are found in User/Documents/BeerSmith2. All you need is a fresh install of BeerSmith, then enter your key (found in the help section of your previous installation). Once the key is accepted, just copy your old User/Documents/BeerSmith2 folder to the same location (overwrite the old folder).
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.