• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing BeerXML and copying equipment profiles between devices

thezymurgist

Apprentice
Reaction score
Is it possible to import BeerXML files from other programs on the full mobile version?

Also, is it possible to copy equipment profiles from my phone app to my tablet?

Thanks!!

Greetings thezymurgist - I can't answer your question number 1 without a little more detail.  However, I can an tell you that you can copy equipment, or other Profiles for that mater, from one BS device to another BS device simply by using the cloud.

Copy any recipe with the Profiles you want to the cloud.  Then, with the other device, copy that recipe from the cloud to the device.  Then open the recipe, then the Profile you want copied and scroll to the bottom and tap "Store In My Profiles".  Done.

Thanks KellerBrauer.  As far as I can tell, only recipes can be copied to the cloud.  I don't see any option in the equipment profiles to copy or save to the cloud.

BeerXML is a common format for storing brewing recipes.  I think I remember being able to import and export BeerXML files from the desktop version of BS back when I had it (a number of years ago) and I was wondering if it was possible to do the same on the mobile version.  I was using iBrewMaster2 before switching to BS and saved my recipes from that program as a BeerXML file and would like to import those recipes to BS.

Thanks!

Greetings - when you copy a recipe, all the Profiles get copied with it.  So your equipment, mash, fermentation and carbonation Profiles that were included in the recipe will get copied to the cloud along with the recipe.  Then, simply bring the recipe into the next device, open the recipe, then open the profile, scroll to the bottom and click "Save to my Profiles" button.  It's easy!

Back