Author Topic: Summary of Hops in recipe  (Read 507 times)

Offline BrewDorg

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Summary of Hops in recipe
« on: April 12, 2017, 05:35:47 AM »
Hey, quick suggestion. It'd be great if there was a button you could click in a recipe that would bring you to a summary of the hop varieties and the amounts of each used. When you have 3-4 different types of hops spread across 5-6 additions, it makes it hard to keep track of exactly how much you need of each. Would be a really useful feature and can't see it being hugely difficult. Thanks!

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • STAND BACK! I'm going to try Science!
Re: Summary of Hops in recipe
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 04:01:04 PM »
When you add a recipe to the shopping cart, it totals the amount needed. You can do this for one or many recipes when you're looking to buy ingredients. If you keep an accurate inventory, the shopping cart will deduct what you have on hand from what you'll need.
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

Offline KellerBrauer

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Bottoms Up!!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:34:04 AM »
Greetings BrewDorg - adding to brewfun's comments:  While in the Shopping Cart, you can export the shopping list to a csv file, then open it in MS Excel.  From there, you can slice and dice the data any way you like.
I'm done brewing for a while. :(  The "sight glass" on my Polar Ware 15 gal. brew kettle took a dump for the 4th time and Polar Ware can't come up with a fix and their response to this issue ignored the fact that their plastic sight gauge repeatedly fails under normal operating conditions!! >:(

Offline BrewDorg

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »
Cool, thanks for the tip guys, that's useful.