• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Chicken and Waffles Imperial Stout

BeerPundent

Apprentice
Reaction score
So going to try and make a chicken and waffles beer, just looking for opinions on how to do the chicken. Should I literally just mash with pieces of fried chicken, or should I use chicken broth and then maybe a type of bread crumbs? Plan on using actual waffles in mash along with maple flavorings, and possibly using maple syrup for priming sugar.

I can't imagine that chucking bits of chicken and waffles into the mash will give you the taste you are looking for in the final brew. You would need to look make some sort of tincture flavorings to put into the beer after it is done fermenting before kegging or bottling to give you what you want. Are you sure that you want a chicken and waffles flavors in your beer? No offense meant.

I've actually revised this idea, and its not that i crave it more of a meal stout idea. I have a few friends who thought it'd be interesting, and i'm all for coming up with some crazy ideas that are hit or miss. I'll be using a waffle cereal, unsalted chicken stock, and maple syrup, as well as adding coffee and some spices that would be used in both waffles, and chicken breading. I'm looking for more of the sweet and salty flavors that result from the combination of chicken and waffles. Not a pure taste of them.

Maybe adding some chicken bullion cubes in it might give a hint of the chicken flavor.

Back