• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from London

LarryF

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Good morning all, I hope I find you well. My name's Larry Fitzgerald I live beside Alexandra Palace in North London, I have a wife, twin 15 year old boys and my daughter who is 22 lives local. I've been brewing since January 2015, I've done nearly all kit brewing using brew enhancer. I like to tweak the kits with added fermentables, a steeped or boiled hop tea and dry hopping, I like my beers about 6% and bump up my ABV using honey or syrup.  Looking forward to meeting everyone on here and reading through both old and new threads and helping out in any way I can.

Hi Larry,

I used to brew with kits a lot too. Moved to all grain now.
I'm in New Zealand, and found tickling up brews up by steeping some specialty malts for 30mins, and adding those. And making hop teas and adding those too the best for body and flavour.
Even mixed a couple of kits, and bumped the alcohol up to 6-7% by adding more LME, which I found much nicer than most 'beer enhancers' I bought here.
Filtering the water with a carbon 5 micron filter, I found made a nice diffence / improvement to the beers also.

There's lots of good info on here...good luck.

Cheers, Kev.

Back