• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Negative water volume

BRAAF

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my mash settings.
I can't find the right place to add my volume of mash water? After i added my 3 mash steps it gives a negative water volume.

Check your equipment profile. If you have a "mash tun addition" that is more than foundation water (under a false bottom) then this is causing the negative calculation.

brewfun said:
Check your equipment profile. If you have a "mash tun addition" that is more than foundation water (under a false bottom) then this is causing the negative calculation.

Thanks for the reply Brewfun! Got a second screenshot of my equipment profile. But that looks fine, right?

There is something wrong with the infusion steps of your mash profile.  Unless you accidentally enter a negative number into the initial infusion step, you cannot end up with a negative water addition.

Oginme said:
There is something wrong with the infusion steps of your mash profile.  Unless you accidentally enter a negative number into the initial infusion step, you cannot end up with a negative water addition.

That's it!
Thanks, i'm pretty new to the software so mistakes are made easily. Sorry.

Back