• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile behavior

Stranman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Using version 2.3.12

A couple behaviors I noticed that I wish were not so in Recipe Design...

1.) Changing Mash Profile automatically selects (places checkmark) for "Adjust Temp for Equipment"
- Expected behavior would be to maintain the state of this option when the Mash Profile changes
- Alternatively, Create a default state in Options or the Mash Profile to control "Adjust Temp for Equipment" checked/unchecked

2.) Changing Mash Profile changes the Grain Temp field to 72deg
- Expected behavior is the grain temp is unchanged and maintains its previous value

Thanks for considering.
Keep up the great work.

For whatever reason, I cannot replicate this behavior in changing the equipment profile in an existing recipe.  When I take a recipe and change equipment profiles, the 'adjust temp for equip' stays unchecked.

Your mash profiles contain the base temperature for the grain, sparge water and mash tun temperature, so when you change your mash profile, it will change the values in the recipe to match those in the mash profile.  You can edit your mash profiles to reflect your average grain temperature. 

When I brew, I will bring my crushed grain in from cool storage and stick a thermometer into the grains.  As I am heating up my strike water, I adjust the value on the mash page to the temperature reading of the grain to get a more accurate strike temperature.

Issue 2)
Thanks for clarifying.  I now see the default Grain Temp in the Mash Profile, which explains why that changes when the profile changes.  I don't agree with this data coupling, but c'est la vie.

Issue 1)
Well, I definitely experience this behavior, as I have to constantly Uncheck it; otherwise, my Strike Water temp is wrong, which has affected a brew session.

Back