• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BIAB equipment profile

brewit

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm new to all grain brewing, i've been doing BIAB method which works great. I use an igloo cooler for conversion when conversion is complete i have a pulley set up to raise the bag. I let it drain for awhile then  i move my brew pot under, with 168 degree water in it and do a dunk sparge. Then i will pore the rest from the cooler in brew pot and boil begins. Should this setup be added to the beersmith equipment profile considering the dunk sparge.

When you have introduced a sparge step, it really is a standard set up.  The only difference between a standard cooler mash tun and what you are doing is that you are using the bag in place of a false bottom.  Modifying a standard equipment profile and adjusting the grain absorption will give you a profile you can work with easily.

Back