• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Intro

Retired18Z

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a seasoned veteran of one year's worth of brewing, 99% of which has been all-grain brewing. I started with... 3 ea. 1-gallon beer kits from Sharper Image (of all things). I'm now working with a 10 gallon Home Depot cooler/stainless steel braided filter mash tun and strive to brew 5-6 gallon batches. I'm new to using BeerSmith Mobile. I'm trying to get my recipes set up in it. I brew decent, good-tasting beer and now I'm trying to brew more consistently batch-to-batch (reliably hit Starting Gravity and expected final wort volumes). No budget for temperature control so... lager in the winter, saisons in the summer, standard ales and weissebiers all year long. I spent 6 years in Germany so my flavor standards/the standards to which I wish to brew, are: for Pils Alpirsbacher; Weissebier SchneiderWeisse (I'm very close on this one); and if I can ever figure out Reutberger I'll feel like I've "made it" as a home brewer. My bride of 25 years says all I need to brew are Grapefruit IPAs, so I've got that down :) "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

Back