• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith crashes when I try and print

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brad,

I was successful in printing a recipe a couple times to .pdf, then I started getting the attached error right after I converted the attached recipe from all grain to extract.  Each time I open the recipe, convert it, make edits, save... all is well, close the recipe and re-open it, it's all good, when I try to print, I get the error, when I go back and re-open the recipe, all the edits are lost including the conversion.  At one point I even did a save as and once BS crashed, the newly saved recipe is now gone.

Then I tried printing other recipes and get the same error

Thoughts?
Rick

Attachments

• Paradise Mango Delight.bsmx
    26.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Doc1.docx
    25.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Paradise Mango Delight.pdf
    446.3 KB · Views: 328
I have opened the file and printed to a printer and to a pdf file, made changes and repeated the printing, saved the file and experienced no crashes.  Sorry, I can't be of more help.

If you download the latest version which is here I've added an option called "print to browser" under Options->Reports.  If you check that box it will send printouts to the browser where you can print them under more control.  Its a workaround, but it works for many with printer issues:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/beersmith2-3/BeerSmith2_3_12.exe
https://s3.amazonaws.com/beersmith2-3/BeerSmith2_3_12.dmg

Thanks Brad,

Interestingly enough, after the install, now I can print.  And yes, print to browser works as well

Thanks, Rick

I was experiencing this today and after (just now) installing 2.3.12 on my MacBook Air the print to browser works well. Trying to print without P2B still crashes the software on 2.3.12 on my MBA.

-Shane

Same issue for me  :(  Worked ok before but now not printing; either to PDF or my actual printer.  The application just shuts down.  No error.  Nothing.  Very frustrating, specially seeing that this error was first reported quite some time ago.  I am running version 3.0.9 on Linux.  I switched over to my Windows install and this time it printed OK, although I gave me an error that it couldn't open the cloud recipe because it was already open (obviously the crashed Linux instance).

Back