• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

cloudy beer from keg

Pathfinder

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all ! can anyone advise me to why I get cloudy beer when pulling from my keg I have done everything possible to I've crashed cooled the beer added finings then filtered it is crystal clear going in the keg but when pulling from the keg guess what cloudy it is on mixed gas 30/70 and 10psi any ideas appreciated.

Greetings pathfinder - it sounds to me like you might be dealing with Chill Haze - proteins in suspension that collect when cold.  I had the same problem.  I began using a product by White Labs called Clarity Ferm.  It gets added to the fermenter just after pitching the yeast. It's amazing stuff.  I bottle condition and my beers are crystal clear every time.....except IPA's and high hopped beers. No hope there.  :-[

Hi kellerBraur thanks for your quick response I will give this a try many thanks

unless i am remembering incorrectly, chill haze goes away after a little while [can't remember how long] but unless you have several friends or drink a LOT it should be gone before the tap runs dry...

Back