• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another Mac Problem : Another Version Running or Did Not Close Properly

NSMikeD

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I open BeerSmith 2.3.7 of my MacBookPro 13 retina (mid 2014) running MacOS Sierra 10.12.2  I get the following error message when I open the program

A lock file indicates another copy of BeerSmith is running or did not close properly. Running more can one copy can result in data loss. Press Yes to override the lock and open BeerSmith or No to close BeerSmith.

I've searched to see of another copy exist (2.3.7 is my first time I am using beer smith).    I recall using the trial version and upgrading to the paid version, but I recall doing that by entering the registration key  in the trial version.   

I also run mobile lite on my iphone and use the cloud to save recipes.   

This can happen if the program does not shut down correctly on its previous run which is probably the case here.  You can override and continue as long as you only have one copy running on your current machine.

Its not a licensing issue - the program simply did not clean up a lock file when it shut down last time or did not shut down correctly.

Brad

Back