• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi from Phoenix AZ

dgrubbs

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Old brewer getting back into the game.
BS Microbiology/Chemistry 1985 from Texas Tech; followed by a year of fermentation chemistry Grad Work in the chemistry department.  During that time, worked as chemist & microbiologist at Llano Estacado Winery in Lubbock.  At the same time, I spent a summer at the UT Experimental Winery at Ft. Stockton, TX.

Fast forward to AZ, where I started brewing again starting with extracts, and experimenting with what is now Brew in A Bag.  Taught a friend on Whidbey Island WA how to brew, and gave her some of my favorite Stout and Porter recipes, which she took and won Gold Medals at the Island County Fair for Homebrewing. 

Time to get my equipment out and get the creativity going again!  It's interesting to see how the equipment has evolved, as well as software that was never an option back in the days of bear skins, stone knives, plastic buckets and glass carboys. 

Back