• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Builder and Northern Brewer

as far as i can tell it's not working.
NOTE: there is a line about uploading your recipe to the Beer Smith Cloud and pushing a button, but i haven't found said button on any of my cloud recipes yet.

also, there are several listed, that ARE recipes from Beer Smith, i just don't see any way you can scale [up or down] the ones that are already there.

but i totally agree that, once the tool works properly, it would be AWESOME to order a kit I made!

Some time ago (almost two years ago now), Northern Brewer stopped working on the project and I dropped it.  It is no longer active and I've since removed the remaining BrewBuilder links from the recipe site.

I never got an explanation, but I assume they wanted to move their business in another direction.

Brad

Their loss.  I am surprised that someone doesn't embrace this possibility.  My LHBS will build any recipe as a kit that gets sent or brought in to them, but say that it can be a pain versus filling their standard kits. 

when sales are really good, i buy kits from the web, but most of the time i buy from one of my 3 local homebrew shops.
all 3 of them will build any kit you want, which is great.

Back