• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing bsmx files on Ubuntu Linux

trinkner

Apprentice
Reaction score
I need to import my existing .bsmx recipe files into BeerSmith 2.3.7 on Ubuntu 16.10.

BeerSmith hadn't been running on Ubuntu 16.10, so I tried a clean install.  I saved my bsmx files for future use. I now have BeerSmith up and running (after manually installing the supporting libpng12-0 package), but I can't import my recipe files in bulk.  I can open them one by one and copy them into My Recipes.

Is there a way to import all the files at once?  It's going to be very tedious to open and copy each file individually.

I tried copying the bsmx files to the BeerSmith recipe folder, but the program didn't import them automatically. I can't find an "import" command in the program's menubar, but I can find an export...

Thanks very much!

Unfortunately currently you would need to use File->Open to open each, then copy/paste any data to My Recipes (for instance).  However the backup files in general (numbered ones are created automatically) typically contain all of your recipes so I'm not sure why you would have many different BSMX files unless you created one for each.  You can select multiple recipes and save them all to one BSMX file.

Brad

Thanks. I'll see what I can do with an archive file, and whether it contains the recipes. At the moment, I can't get BeerSmith2 to start on Ubuntu 16.10.

Back