• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Here

xpacheco

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been homebrewing for over 20 years on an off.  It's been about 2 years now since my last brew and now I'm jumping back in. I've just ordered the Grainfather, a couple of kegs and a fridge. I used to keg 5 gals and am now downsizing to 2.5 gals. Gonna start experimenting with small batches. I just can't drink that much beer. :). Well, I can, just don't think it's a good idea.

Grainfather is on the way and I've decided to try the Pineapple IPA from the Beer Smith site as my first brew with this new device.

Anyway, I'm glad the forum is here. Looks like a fun place to be.

--- xavier

Hi Xavier,
I'm new to these forums too, and just bought a copy of Beersmith to do my recipes, calcs etc in. It's very good.
I also have a grainfather. If you also use Beersmith and need help setting up the grainfather profile, and mash profile so the Mash and sparge volumes are correct, let me know and I can send you what I have setup. It's pretty much spot on to the calcs on the grainfather site.

Let me know if I can help.

Welcome back....

Back