• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wat can you make out of this

Molteb

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have some hops and grains laying around and been trying to search for a recipe.
Any tips for a good recipe using some of this HOPS with Pale malt.
Will of course go to the store and by special malt and other Hops.

Batch size: around 13-15 gal
All-grain

What I have:
55 lb of Pale malt row 2

Hops:
3,5 oz of Sorachi ace
3,5 oz of equinox
5 oz of Northern Brewer
1 oz of Cascade
6 oz of Tettnanger

Cheers
Thomas

Better late than never, eh?
I run into your situation often, with left over items laying around.
What I usually do is use the build program and add what sounds good and then plug it into various styles to see where the arrows go.
Then again if I like the sound of what I put together, I usually make it no matter what. Sometimes it works, sometimes I have basting broth for BBQ. Either way nothing goes to waste!

i would suggest, to minimize extra purchases, trying to go with a variant of one of the following:
American Pale Ale
Pilsner [using Pale instead of Pils malt]
Kolsch
Vienna Lager

since there will almost assuredly be specialty grains needed, practically all styles are still really available.

when i have a 'spare hop' problem, i honestly go re-read their descriptions, see which styles are listed in the most i have remaining...and then brew that style.

for bittering [full 60+ minute boil] you have a much wider latitude than you do with the flavor or aroma hops....but that Tettnanger for almost any continental style sounds amazing!

Back