• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

no sparge

bornredi

Apprentice
Reaction score
I can not get beersmith to add a sparge to my recipe, I do fly sparging and set up my own mash, water to grain ratio  1.25, need 1 gallon for my false bottom so I usually go to 1.5 ratio, 3 step 2 infusion 1 mash out, all it wants to do is do a no sparge option.

I apologize, but I don't completely understand your question - you start by trying to add a sparge to your recipe, say it is a fly sparge and then ask for a "no sparge" option (which indicates no sparge step at all!!).  Did you mean no mash out??

I'm pretty certain I can help you, but I need to understand in a little more detail what steps you are trying to take.

Thanks,
Brad

let me start over then, I have been using Beersmith for a while but this is the first time i have had this problem, entered my equipment profile, entered my recipe, the mash sch. has 3 steps, Protein Rest, Saccharification, mash out, I have tried a couple of different scenarios but all I can get is a no sparge mash, so the question is if you are inputting your own mash schedules and want to incorporate a fly sparge what would be your steps, Thank you.

OK I have been playing with it and think I figured it out, I now have the proper amount for mash in and sparge, am not sure what the problem was more than likely operator error  ;D

OK,
  That's good to hear - I'm happy you are back up and running!

Brad

to get the right amounts for mashing and sparging I have to set the grain to water ratio as .35, i usually set it at 1.5, maybe something is wrong in the setup but i can not find it.

Back