• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mac 2.3.7 crashes

robborover

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Whilst in trial mode - looking at recipes, closing the recipe down, had crash about three times now

Process:              BeerSmith2 [4975]
Path:                  /Applications/BeerSmith2.app/Contents/MacOS/BeerSmith2
Identifier:            BeerSmith-LLC.BeerSmith2
Version:              2.3.7 (2307)
Code Type:            X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:          BeerSmith2 [4975]
User ID:              501

Date/Time:            2016-10-23 23:20:53.028 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12 (16A323)
Report Version:        12

Presume you're getting crash reports direct?

I'm not getting the crash reports - do you have any additional details so I can try to narrow this down?

Brad

I'm a few hours into my brew day and the app crashed on me. There was a pop-up for SamplerTools requesting elevated access to my machine which I declined. Then another pop-up for Developer Tools seeking the same which I declined. Then BS crashed. Are there any log files I can send to you, Brad?

ditto on this. it crashes when: 1) i try to adjust equipment settings and 2) try to add new ingredients. running 2.3.7 on mac sierra 10.12.1.

anything i can do to help you receive crash reports?

following up on this. it appears the application crashes anytime i make an adjustment to a profile. for example, clicking 'close' in any one of the following options results in an automatic crash - adjusting equipment settings, adding new ingredients, etc.

i need to adjust my BIAB grain absorption rate, among other equipment changes, since last batch and i cant.

Hi

I confirm the previous posts on this topic.
I have a lt of crashes as well, on various tasks (while modifying a cloud Recipe,  a profile, an ingredient, ...) of all the changes are lost
In addition to that, when it crashes on a recipe, I no longer get access to that recipe , I get the message : "Error - recipe is currently open for editing on another computer - Please retry later"
The only I found to come back on my recipe is to duplicate it

I'va attached the file of the Mac dump message (one of the numerous one I've got)

Rgds
:'(

Attachments

• BeerSmith dump.rtf
    80.5 KB · Views: 154
Back