• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile

pugalde

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello.
I am new to BeerSmith and there is something i cant find from the software out of the box.
I would like to have a Simple Sparge. No complications, just warm water over the grains. The thing is that I cant find it as the default set Mash Profile. All I get it "Single infusion, Light/Medium/Full Body, No Mash Out". By the name of it it's pretty straight forward but when I create the recipe and select that mash profile all i get is, as step, to add a little bit of water and do a Fly Sparge, something I dont want to do.
What I am doing wrong?
Thanks

You need to edit the mash profile and set it for batch sparge.  There is a section which allows you to check off that you are batch sparging (default is fly sparge) and gives you options for draining your mash tun before sparging and fill level of sparge water.

Back