• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS2, how to transfer local recipes to cloud

npadin

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello, I created a local recipe in the iPad and I was wondering if it can be uploaded into the cloud in order to review/edit it in my computer. I'm using BS2 full in my iPad and web based in the computer.
Shouldn't be automatically synchronized? I'm asking for a basic feature.
Thanks in advance,
Nor.

Hello npadin,

Automatically synchronizing recipes would be awesome - many of us have been wishing for that feature, but currently BS2 does not offer it.  However, all is not lost.  From your iPad (or iPhone)with the recipe open simply click Copy.  The recipe will automatically be copied to your cloud account.  That said, you first need to make sure your iPad is set up to communicate with your cloud account; that is done in the Setup section on your iPad. Next, simply open your desktop version, click on Cloud from the tree in the left pane.  Find your recipe, and click Copy Local on the ribbon, or right click on the recipe and click Copy Local.  The recipe will now be in your desktop database of recipes.

All of this information assumes you already have a free account on the BeerSmith.Com website as that is where your "cloud" is based.  You will then be able to access your recipes from within the website as well.

Back