• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Barley Crusher Grain Mill Discount

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Ok,
  I've been working with BC products for quite a few weeks now to get a discounted Barley Crusher available. It happens to be the grain mill that I use for my own brewing - which is why I'm a bit of a fan!  Its a fully adjustable dual roller malt mill that does a fantastic job on brewing day.  I put a short review of the Barley Crusher on the blog.

I managed to get a discount if you order through our web site - the mill is still shipped directly from BC products with a full lifetime warranty.

If you would like to order one, here's the link:  http://www.beersmith.com/barley_crusher.htm

Cheers!
Brad

I can only confirm what you said about the BC mills. We here in New Zealand ordered 5 of them as a group order and BC was more than helpful to give us a good price and arrange all the shipping etc.

Cheers

Peter

I just bought the same crusher a few weeks ago and have brewed with it twice. Great value.

- Hare

I'm re-tooling to make the jump to full-grain, and have already ordered my barley crusher, should see it on the doorstep any day now.

;D The best bloooooody piece of equipment I have bought ,grinds the grain perfectly I would definetly reccomend them to any all-grain brewer !!!! ;D

I just ordered mine with the 15 lb hopper!  I can't wait to use this awesome piece of brewing equipment.

gruversm said:
I just ordered mine with the 15 lb hopper!  I can't wait to use this awesome piece of brewing equipment.

You do not yet know how happy you are.  ;D

Brad, you may want to contact the people at barley crusher again.  the "deal" they are giving from this web site
amounts to a savings of only 55 cents over directly ordering from them after the huge shipping they
are charging from this site.  One would think they would be offering a much greater discount from this site also.
Plus they only charge $17.50 shipping to minnesota if ordered directly from them, but are charging $21.50 from your site.
I am not complaining, I am only bringing this to your attention in case you were unaware of this. In all fairness, the shipping savings
may be greater for those further away from them than minnesota is.
cheers!

"danceswithjager08"
Are you affiliated with any of the companies you have posted? That's great if you are, it just looks a little suspicious in that you have only posted links and not participated in any other discussions. If they are part of your business, we as consumers would like to know that.

A little Research:
I found it odd that everything posted on the two blogspot locations link to the same two websites that you referenced in other posts. I also find it odd that neither of the two sites you mention in your posts have any way of contacting the owner's of those pages. Which is a big indicator that there is something wrong! Reputable companies make sure there customers have a way for them to be reached in case of a problem.

I am not an "admin" but be assured that they have been notified along with all the "regulars" that frequent this site.

We are watching and are not amused.

Preston

I'm not recommending the "store" he linked to by any means, but it appears that he (or it) is an Amazon affiliate. If you do the search yourself on Amazon, you can buy it there. I believe that the web address on the site provided in the earlier post provides Amazon with some sort of tracking so that if a sale is made, the referring site gets a portion of the sale.

I used a link for the yeast starter kit for homebrewing on that web site, and also searched on Amazon for the same item. The cost is the same buying it through the link or by searching on Amazon.

What I don't like is the use of this forum to advertise for personal gain. If there were a "for sale" forum section here, that would be a little different, but I still think this would cross the line since it's a business and not a personal item for sale.

Do we have a policy here of no posts for commercial gain? If so, maybe it should be enforced and the member banned.

This looks like it would be a great barley crusher. If I hadn't already bought a used Valley Mill (which I love!!!), I might have bought this one. The Valley Mill is no longer in production, sad to say. It had a 6 pound hopper standard, an adjustable gap, and it just worked very well. I got mine on eBay.

If anyone is interested in "The Barley Crusher," you can save money by buying the one with the smaller hopper. It's not that much trouble to pour grain into the hopper a couple of times. If you brew really big beers, you'll need to add grain more than once with the 15 pound hopper anyway. My 6 pound hopper is fine for me and I usually only need to do two crushing sessions (add grain twice). Adjustable roller spacing is nice, but not needed according to Jack Schmidling, maker of the Schmidling Mill (which is also lifetime guaranteed and very well made--even stainless steel rollers are available). I adjust mine slightly depending on whether I'm using 6 or 2 row grain, but I'm not really convinced that it would make a difference. I'm only using the settings marked by the previous owner for those grains, and I have not experimented to see if it really makes a difference.

The cheaper of the two Phil Mills is supposed to be a really good one also, supposedly making a better crush than the more expensive one.

Don

I broke down and ordered it ...Same one i was going to order from rebel brewer and same price so not a bad deal...

yeah, I made the crush a little tighter, but after fighting with a stuck mash (I'm using a HERMS rig) I put them back to factory -I should never have messed with 'em in the first place -I have never had any bad results due to their settings.
I did motorize the thing with a chain-drive (had a chain-driven gear-head motor) -its slow (faster than by hand -and a site easier) but this thing is strong enough to pass your mother-in-law through (if you wanted to) -though I'd wash the rollers off afterward if you did.
This mill is easily the best investment I've made in the system (and the least expensive component, really).

I've only adjusted mine a bit when crushing spices or odd size grains (non barley).  For barley, I always move back to the factory settings.

BRad

I ordered the mill thru the beersmith link and have only used it twice. I received the unit 3 weeks ago.  The grist is uniform and the mill, powered by a hand drill does a quick job of getting me ready to mash. Going to use it again this weekend. I have not adjusted the initial settings.

Cheers

Steve

Ordered my BC mill yesterday.  The last grain bill I processed at my local homebrew store had to be milled 3 times before I was satisfied with the crush.  A busy place... takes forever to crush your grain.  I won't need to deal with all of that now.

Back