• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Total Grains"

K

KellerBrauer

Greetings,

I have a BS2 question - something does not add up.  On my Design Tab next to "Total Grains" is the number 15.88.  However, one can clearly see my grain bill is actually only 9.5 pounds (plus an additional 6oz. if the Palm Sugar is added).  The Mash tab shows the correct amount of 9.5 pounds. So, what is the "Total Grains" actually telling me?  See screen shot if necessary.

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 482
Hmmm. That is strange. None of my recipes have that anomaly going on. What happens if you close and reopen the recipe?

BeerSmith will count anything added from the grains database as grain. This includes things that don't add to gravity, like rice hulls. Is there an additional item added after the boil?

Yes!  That's it! I will be infusing 6 pounds pineapple in the secondary.  The pineapple is an adjunct!  Thanks for your help with that.  I was really bothered by that.

Back