• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Apple Ale - Need help Adding Ingredients

jspirko

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm working on brewing an Apple Ale extract that includes the Brewer's Best Cider House Select Kit (Apple) http://www.brewersbestkits.com/pdf/Cider%20Recipes/apple_cider_instruct.pdf. I was able to add all my ingredients into BeerSmith, but I'm having trouble adding the contents of this kit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How/where do I enter the kit ingredients?

Recipe:
Grains:
12.0 oz  Caramel/Crystal Malt - 120L (120.0 SRM)
8.0 oz  CaraVienne Malt (22.0 SRM)
4.0 oz  CaraPilsner (2.0 SRM)
4.0 oz  CaraAmber (30.0 SRM)

Boil Ingredients:
2 lbs 4.0 oz  Pale Liquid Extract (8.0 SRM)
12.0 oz  Munich Malt Extract (9.0 SRM)
1.00 oz  Falconer's Flight 7C's Blend [9.50%] - Boil 15.0 min

Fermentation Ingredients
1.0 pkg  Cider Yeast (Mangrove Jack's #M02)

- Add Cider Kit ingredients into fermenter post cool (apple concentrate & cider sweetener)
- Add cider flavor packet at least 48 hours before bottling.

It seems I'm most likely very late with this reply, but if I understand your question, you need to simply enter the ingredients you've listed and combine them as a "kit"?  How about if you enter the ingredients as you normally would, then simply create a recipe and call it "Apple Cider Kit"?  Maybe I don't understand your concern, but it sounds like you know how to enter ingredients.  So, enter all the ingredients, then put all the ingredients together and make a recipe.

Back