• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Outlook or Google Calendar Sync

whip

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I started brewing, my ultimate goal was to eliminate commercial beer from my fridge. I'm very close to acheiving my goal. But now that I have a minimum of 4 fermenters in the basement at one time, it's hard keeping track of what gets bottled when and whats ready to drink. I would LOVE to see the ability to sync the Beersmith calendar with either my Outlook or Google calendars. I think, that like many home brewers, my friends/testers discuss what I have getting ready to come to the table. I do keep a brewing journal but having that information available at the touch of a screen would be AWESOME ! ! !

Wait, there is a calendar within the mobile app?  Where is it?  I cannot seem to find it within the iOS version.

+1 this function would be awesome!  Also, please add to the calendar list the iOS calendar too.

I agree.  I was using a competitors software where the dates for transferring into the secondary, the dates for bottling, etc. were automatically entered into the calendar in iOS.  Then reminders would come up a day or two ahead of the due date.  It was awesome!  A calendar would be a fantastic addition.

I believe, Im at work and cant verify, but if you copy to log and update the date it will add the dates for bottling etc to your brew log.  Not exactly what your asking but might be a work around till its in place?

txpitmaster said:
I believe, Im at work and cant verify, but if you copy to log and update the date it will add the dates for bottling etc to your brew log.  Not exactly what your asking but might be a work around till its in place?

Pretty close.  You need to set your calendar function under 'options' to view only those recipes in the Brew Log folder.  You can also set up to only view those files with your name as the brewer.  This will display the brew date, fermentation dates, bottling dates on BeerSmith's internal calendar.  Unfortunately, there is no connection to Outlook or Google calendars and no prompting of upcoming events.

Syncing the calendar to google would be amazing. Nirvana would be if I could sync to Google, then get alerts at each step of the brew including dry hopping days!

nshabdue said:
Syncing the calendar to google would be amazing. Nirvana would be if I could sync to Google, then get alerts at each step of the brew including dry hopping days!

+1

+1  I've been looking for a way to sync with Google calendar for years.  Would love this feature!!

I guess I'm old fashioned. I keep track of those things by keeping a written log book.

I just add relevant dates to my windows calendar. Takes less than a minute and the reminders pop up automatically. Not really too hard to do. Guess I'm just old school and used to doing things for myself.

Yes, this please. The ability to sync with Google calendar would make planning when we brew much easier.

+1

Back