• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Date Brewed Auto update

n0nexistence

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I utilize the timer on brew day, as I imagine many people do. I also use version updates when making changes to my recipes. I would suggest an option to auto update the date on the last modified recipe to the date you kicked off the timer. I believe this this would help in tracking your brew date easier for when you forget to update the date, even though you did save the file.

All of my recipes get the date 01/01/01 and all of the measured fields are blank. I use the Brew Log function copy a recipe and modify it there.

When I'm ready to brew, that recipe will always be at the top of a date sort in the folder, which is convenient for finding it, but also a reminder to change the date. Ultimately, I'll have several copies of the same recipe which reflects what I did by date. I don't have to use the version function, unless I'm updating the original recipe.

brewfun said:
All of my recipes get the date 01/01/01 and all of the measured fields are blank. I use the Brew Log function copy a recipe and modify it there.

When I'm ready to brew, that recipe will always be at the top of a date sort in the folder, which is convenient for finding it, but also a reminder to change the date. Ultimately, I'll have several copies of the same recipe which reflects what I did by date. I don't have to use the version function, unless I'm updating the original recipe.

This is precisely how I manage my recipes and it works exceedingly well.  I always know that the recipes in the Brew Log folder have been brewed or are waiting to be brewed.  I can easily sort by date or recipe as needed.  This way, my main recipe folders stay intact and cannot get confused with a brew day version.

Back