Author Topic: New recipe in Beersmit  (Read 3055 times)

Offline jmmarcek

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
New recipe in Beersmit
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:11:20 PM »
I just added my first recipe in Beersmith 2 - a partial mash. I hit the Brew Steps key but the program keeps giving me instructions for an all grain. I must not have a setting correct. Any help on places to look? I went through the setup and all the appropriate entries for the recipe but cant seem to find my error. Thanks.

Offline Phatboy

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: New recipe in Beersmit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
I am having the same issues with my first recipe. Also partial mash. Have you found the solution? or are you just living with it? I don't see a lot of help in this forum.

Brian

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »
I guess I am not understanding the problem.  The first step with a partial mash is to mash the grains.  I set up a recipe as a partial mash BIAB and it starts with mashing the grain and then adds the LME at the start of the boil.  This is always how I have done a partial mash recipe (although it has been a number of years...)

Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline durrettd

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:10:25 PM »
The extract addition is hidden as the first ingredient in the "Boil Ingredients" section in the attached partial mash recipe. This recipe was all-grain converted to partial mash.

Offline MkowaHog

• MkowaHog
  • BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
New recipe in Beersmit
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »
Hi guys

Looking to do a New Zealand brew soon, as homage to the in laws who come from the green island.

Any suggestions on hops, recipe etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
svoiduhi.com Âñå îá àðîìàòàõ, êîñìåòèêå è ïàðôþìåðèè