• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 for android. All settings and recepies dissapears frequently.

Krokfar

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I love Bersmith 2, but I have a most annoying problem. I live in sweden and use the metric system. Every time I start Beersmith I have to change to metric because it always resets to english.
The worst problem though is that my recepies and equipment keeps dissapearing. It has done so two times the last month. I dont use cleaning apps so Im very confused here. Plese help me! I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S.

I've tracked this down for a number of people now and the main culprit appears to be third party "cleanup apps".  What is happening is these apps are mis-identifying the BeerSmith data as unused data and deleting it.  They basically think its trash and delete the files.

I personally don't recommend using these type of apps on your phone, but unfortunately there is not much I can do on Android if another program comes in and wipes your data.  Turn off your "cleanup" and "trash cleaning" apps and you should not lose your data.

Are you absolutely certain you don't have something like an anti-virus program that might be cleaning up the data without your knowledge?

Brad

Back