• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Amount of ingredients?

beerbro01

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all! Not real new to brewing, but new to the forums. Just want to say thanks for all the info.
I noticed when viewing some recipes, especially on the cloud, people will list ingredient amounts
as "items", ie: Orange peel - 3.65 items.
Can anyone tell me what they might mean?

beerbro01 said:
I noticed when viewing some recipes, especially on the cloud, people will list ingredient amounts
as "items", ie: Orange peel - 3.65 items.
Can anyone tell me what they might mean?

In the Misc items database, one of the units available is Items. This is supposed to mean things like Whirlfloc Tablets and other "items" that are pre measured as a recipe dose, without having to be reweighed or otherwise measured.

In your example, it could be 3.65 premeasured packs of dried orange peel from a homebrew supplier. Whether that "item" is one gram or one pound is anyone's guess. That's just where you'll have to use your brewing experience to judge.

Thanks guys!
That's what I thought. I already figured out how much I want to use, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Back