Author Topic: Bottlers, do you cold crash or no?  (Read 21824 times)

Offline BundyPhil

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Bottlers, do you cold crash or no?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I warmed my brew to room temperature and bottled today.
I guess its a waiting game from here to see how it carbonates. *fingers crossed*

Offline Mofo

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: Bottlers, do you cold crash or no?
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 05:44:36 AM »

Alas, just reached Hong Kong and flying out tomorrow AM.  I started out in Hong Kong then went mainland with stops in Fushan, Dongguan, and Shenzhen before flying to Sechuan to visit a factory in Leshan.   Took an extra hour or two to visit the Leshan Giant Sitting Budda.  Wonderful site.  Then, because I can never sit still, back to Shenzhen, over to Hong Kong for a couple of appointments before heading up to Huizhou for a day.  Now totally dragged out and lacking sleep, I'm ready to head back home.

Sorry I missed you! If you're ever back this way, PM me. Would be fun to meet up.

As for my pale ale, I bottled on Nov 5 after about 4 days at 3C. Had the fermentor insulated and it took a long time to get to that temp. I primed and bottled at 3C, which made for some very sweaty bottles, and socked about 40 bottles back in the now 5C fridge. The remaining 18 bottles I left out to room temp (currently about 25C). I'll do a side-by-side comparison in another week or so to see how carbonation is going with each set.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:46:27 AM by Mofo »
bottled: Wee Heavy, Belgian Wit
fermenting: Imperial IPA, Citra Pale Ale

modification