• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error messages after reinstall and trying to save my work

biergarden

Brewer
Reaction score

I had to reinstall BS after I did a factory reset on my laptop. All of my recipes were there after I opened BS back up, but I couldn't save any of my changes and got this error message instead. Argh

It appears that the files (or directories) under Documents/BeerSmith2 may be read-only.  Likely do to the fact you copied them from a backup somewhere.

Go in and make sure Documents/BeerSmith2 as well as all subfiles and subdirectories give full permission to your main user account in Windows.

Brad

Thanks for your reply. For some reason after I updated to Windows 10 Beer Smith just stopped working altogether. It would boot up, but was so slow, it was un usable. I'm not a programmer, but I'm not a noob either. I just wasn't able to get it working again like it did prior to the upgrade, but everything else worked just fine. Very frustrating, but with a happy ending.
All is good since I just reformatted my HDD and ran though the Windows 10 update and everything is working fine now. Something was corrupted, but all is good now.

Back