Author Topic: Error messages after reinstall and trying to save my work  (Read 4421 times)

Offline biergarden

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Going Pro. Look for Baleen Brewing in Ketchikan AK
Error messages after reinstall and trying to save my work
« on: September 27, 2015, 10:35:21 PM »

I had to reinstall BS after I did a factory reset on my laptop. All of my recipes were there after I opened BS back up, but I couldn't save any of my changes and got this error message instead. Argh

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Error messages after reinstall and trying to save my work
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:19:40 PM »
It appears that the files (or directories) under Documents/BeerSmith2 may be read-only.  Likely do to the fact you copied them from a backup somewhere.

Go in and make sure Documents/BeerSmith2 as well as all subfiles and subdirectories give full permission to your main user account in Windows.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline biergarden

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Going Pro. Look for Baleen Brewing in Ketchikan AK
Re: Error messages after reinstall and trying to save my work
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:21:41 PM »
Thanks for your reply. For some reason after I updated to Windows 10 Beer Smith just stopped working altogether. It would boot up, but was so slow, it was un usable. I'm not a programmer, but I'm not a noob either. I just wasn't able to get it working again like it did prior to the upgrade, but everything else worked just fine. Very frustrating, but with a happy ending.
All is good since I just reformatted my HDD and ran though the Windows 10 update and everything is working fine now. Something was corrupted, but all is good now.

modification