• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Potential missing from grain add-ons

Hannaas

Apprentice
Reaction score
The following three grain add-ons doesn't seem to have any data for potential extract, which makes them practically useless:

• Castle Malting in English
  • Castle Malting in French
  • Castle Malting in Spanish

on the castle malt website there is a downloadable pdf with dry yield for all their malts, no coarse/fine difference though, add that to the yield value and it should calculate the potential in pound/gallon, though the moisture value seems to do not modify the potential so I'm not sure if its good to compensate the yield value including the moisture content already in it

Yes, I could add the data myself, but then there would be no reason to install grain add-ons. The point I was trying to make is that the add-ons in question lack data, which renders them useless. This should be fixed.

I just posted an update to the Castle Malt list.

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,13755.0.html

I just got the revisions from Castle this week and will be posting the updated add-ons shortly.  Please remove the old ones and add the new ones once they are posted live.

Brad

Back