• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Several cloud recipes viewable in Android, and on website, but NOT in OSX!

andrewmaixner

Apprentice
Reaction score
As referenced in the title, I have bought: Beersmith for Android, for OS X, and a cloud Gold subscription. All Beersmith software versions are the most recent version available.

On Saturday, I opened the below cloud recipes on BS Android.
http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/783843/016imperial-ipa-11gal
http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/784486/022imperial-ipa-11gal

Then I went to BS OSX do a more advanced edit.
It gave me the warning that the recipe was open from a different location.
I went back to Android, made sure that I closed it, tried again on OS X. The result was an empty recipe -- untitled, no info, nothing.

After panicking and immediately saving an off-line copy on Android, I did some investigation.
-These two cloud recipes are viewable on the BSRecipes site
-These two cloud recipes are viewable and editable and usable on Android
-These two cloud recipes are blank and untitled on OS X when I open them, even though they show up properly in the recipe list
-All of my other Cloud recipes seem to be working fine across all 3 platforms (android, OSX, BS-Recipes.com)

on OS X, I tried copying the "blank" cloud recipes to the local computer, and the new copy then is just 100% blank.
I removed my documents/beersmith2 folder (backed it up first) and logged back in to the Cloud, but the same symptoms persist. I then restored the backup folder. No change.

I tried doing a local copy, edit, re-name, re-upload to cloud on Android, and it all worked fine on BS-Android and BS Recipes website, but I absolutely am unable to view them on BS-OS X.
I successfully was able to use BS-Android for my brew day, fortunately.

Help?  I'm a software engineer, so feel free to suggest any advanced tests/fixes, file uploads, etc.
Edit: I could also check if the recipes work on my Windows BeerSmith computer if that would help

I just checked on BeerSmith 2 for Windows, latest software, but the recipe  016 is still unviewable. Recipe 022 is viewable.
Any response??

Back