• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

cream ale

girardbc

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi
Wondering if anybody would share your best cream ale recipe ? Never made one before I just want to try it as I've heard it can be a great summer drink so what's ur best cream ale recipe??? Thanks

The one in the Northern Brewer Recipe Add On is pretty good.

5.5 pounds of 2 row
2 pounds of vienna
.25 lbs victory malt
1 oz Perle at 60
US-05 yeast

I've only ever made one cream ale so I guess that'll have to count as my best. I got the basic recipe from the Brewing Classic Styles book but I substituted ingredients I already had and needed to use up. I used the flaked corn and cane sugar option.

I used a vial of WLP002 that was out of date by a few weeks. I also used maris otter for the pale malt and Fawcett lager malt instead of the continental pilsner. I can't source Liberty hops so I used some Mount Hood that I had in the freezer.

It was slightly out of 'style' but who cares. I've tried very few commercial cream ales so I'm no judge but it tasted great to me and it certainly didn't last very long.

Back